Traveling Trunk Program
Looking for FREE field trip that does not require busing? Consider inviting the Traveling Trunk Presentation for your class or group.
These participatory programs are designed for class-size groups. They are not suitable for assemblies or large groups. The “Trunk” contains many turn-of-the-century artifacts that reflect the early days of our area.
The student will learn:
- How many people came from around the world to strike it rich?
- Why many people turned to farming to make a living?
- The importance of the general store in the life of the community.
- People were thrifty and “recycled” packaging material into clothing
- Life in an early day classroom
- and more!