Traveling Trunk Program
Looking for FREE field trip that does not require busing? Consider inviting the Traveling Trunk Presentation for your class or group.
These participatory programs are designed for class-size groups. They are not suitable for assemblies or large groups. The “Trunk” contains many turn-of-the-century artifacts that reflect the early days of our area.
The students will learn:
- How many people came from around the world to strike it rich?
- Why many people turned to farming to make a living?
- The importance of the general store in the life of the community.
- People were thrifty and “recycled” packaging material into clothing.
- Life in an early day classroom.
- and more!
Cost: FREE (Though, we gladly accept donations!)
Our presentations last about 30-45 minutes to suit your schedule and can be given in succession to accommodate an “Educational Day” or similar program. For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a Traveling Trunk Program
All of our educational programs have been designed to meet the goals and objectives of the California Elementary and Secondary Social Studies Frameworks and Common Core State Standards. Our programs are inquiry-based and help develop skills in close observation, evidential reasoning, and critical thinking.
Our museum tours and outreach programs are also great for non-school youth groups, such as Scout troops, church groups, nursing homes, social service agencies, and after-school programs.
How to schedule a program:
Times and Days:
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU MUST CANCEL A TOUR OR PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT US AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE.
When you schedule, please have ready:
- Requested date (Please have 1-2 alternatives in mind)
- Requested start time
- Number of students
- Grade level
- Number of classes in the group
- Any specific teacher goals for the program
- Special needs of students in your group